Lab Maintenance Engineer
- Northern Kentucky
Well-known manufacturing company seeks to hire a Lab Maintenance Engineer to supervise all maintenance and calibration activities for all of the company's laboratories. The duties of this position will also support the production of a shop lab and support the quality standards and product certificates of production. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years lab and manufacturing experience with a background in metallurgy and/or chemistry. The ideal candidate will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
The Lab Maintenance Engineer will:
- --Investigate and implement standard testing procedures
- --Develop product samples collection and testing procedures, organize and define laboratory performance requirements, ensure timely turn-around analysis to operations.
- --Certifies products produced by the company and conformance to industry standards. Tests and certifies supplies purchased by the company.
- --Helps develop testing techniques and calibrations for all testing laboratories. Ensures technicians are fully trained and can fully utilize and trouble shoot the operating equipment within standards to promote improved quality and productivity.
- --Develops and implements laboratory safety and chemical handling manuals to prevent injuries/accidents, improve working conditions and reduce operating costs.
- --Trains, develops and implements laboratory quality procedures in order to obtain laboratory accreditation, customer satisfaction and credibility and to avoid utilization of outside testing resources.
- --Insures all testing procedures are in compliance with Industry standards.
- --Provides cross-training of lab employees.
The ideal candidate will also have at least 1-2 years of management experience, the minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Master's or PhD. Preferred) Located in Northern Kentucky. Relocation assistance, excellent benefits and a great salary (based on experience) provided. Interested candidates should email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Closing Date is 22nd Feb 2006.